Hey, it's great that you want to be a Team-Captain! Serve the city Bremen offers you a framework to support your ideas for social activities.
To take on the task of a team captain, you must be at least 18 years old. This is necessary for legal reasons. In addition, two things are important to start:
- Create a user account. Only with an account you can register and administrate your activity.
- Get in contact with us. Because the task of team captain is so important, we would like to personally meet you. We want to work together as a team with a lot of trust for each other.
Profile: Team captain
A team captain is the leader of an activity who completes a self-chosen task together with his or her team. Following tasks belong to the leading an activity:
- Contact new team members who register online and welcome them into the team (e.g. via email).
- Get in contact with the relevant people at the place of the activity and make all the necessary arrangements.
- Coordinate the procurement of the needed materials (if something is required).
- Coordinate the exact meeting place and time of the activity with the team members.
- Welcome the team members and help them find their task on the day of the activity.
- Ensure that all team members are integrated and can take part during the activity.
- Show sensitivity to possible exhaustion of the team members.
- Treat the contact person at the site with respect and appreciation.
- Ensure the successful conclusion of the action.
- Say "Thank you" to everyone involved.
Where do the volunteers come from?
It can never be guaranteed that an activity takes place. We as STC regularly send out newsletters in which the latest activities are listed, so that whoever is interested can sign up. Ultimately, it is however crucial that you ask your circle of friends and acquaintances who would like to actively support the idea of your activity.
Who pays for an activity?
Not all activites require money. For some the costs of e.g. renovation material or tickets have to be covered. We will publish every activity that needs funding on betterplace.org and embed a donation button on your activity's page. With the respective link you can advertise in your circle of friends and acquaintances that others support your activity. Usually, the realization of a normal activity idea costs no more than 300 to 500 euros. If the activity is not fully funded, Serve the City may in consultation take care of the rest.